Saturday, July 26, 2008

Inland Empire Writers Club

Today I went to my first Inland Empire Writer's Club meeting. It was great and I am planning to join. It was encouraging and planted a bit of hope back into me. I have been so intimidated lately by the writing world and talking to the other writers, most of whom have been published numerous times, made me feel like I could do this thing. They started the meeting with a writing exercise, but I was late and wasn't able to participate. So, I did it on my own. The assignment? 5 Minutes to describe your mind. Here's what I came up with on my drive home. It's beginning to sound redundant, but this is just where I am at.

My Mind

My mind is a desert loop that crosses a hill.

Well worn by my thoughts and the things that I feel.

It’s covered in signs

The hill

By me

All posting, “Dear Lord, please set me free!”

No comments: