Friday, October 24, 2008

The movement of the Lord

I realize, especially after I read my last post, that I am a bit dramatic. However, I am not ashamed as God is dramatic too, and I really believe he enjoys me more for it. Anyhow, some major things have happened this past week. First, our renters informed us that they are breaking their lease and moving to another state. This has lead us to put our house up for sale. Second, our landlords apparently haven't been making mortgage payments for the past six months, so two days ago we got a certified letter stating that the house we are now living in will be sold at auction in 20 days. Not a lot of notice, but enough to find a place. So now we are packing and looking for a new house. When the Lord moves, he moves quickly! We will be moving farther north to be closer to DH's territory and save him about an hour and a half to two hours worth of driving a day. This means meeting new people, joining new groups, making new friends. I am excited about all of this, believe it or not, as it means a lot of positive changes for our family. We won't be able to live in as nice a neighborhood, but I think that's part of God's plan. It's a part of us letting go of our consumerism and the"keeping up with the Jones' syndrome." I'll keep everyone posted on what's going on. 

No comments: