Friday, August 29, 2008

The Dragon Skin

I feel like I am on the brink of a paradigm shift. A new way of viewing the world and my purpose. It’s like Eustice in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader being enslaved as a dragon. He kept scratching off the layers. Layer after layer he scratched, yet he was still a dragon. Then Aslan showed up and dug his claws deep into the flesh of the dragon and he tore off the thick skin down to the core. When he did this, the dragon was gone and the boy, Eustice, remained, a changed person. It was painful when Aslan did it, but it worked.

I am like Eustice. I have picked up this dragon skin along the road of my life and I need God to take it off of me. I can see these windows here and there and I realize life as I know it now is an illusion, like the Matrix. I can’t do it myself, I need God. It has to be God. 

 

No comments: