Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I AM NOT IN A BOX!

Ok, so you know how I sent out the e-mail that I have another blog now for my homeschooling journey, well strike that. I don't know why I felt I needed to separate the two. I am always trying to categorize myself. Homeschooling is something I do. It's part of me. This blog is about my entire journey... so I am deleting the other blog and posting everything about me here. Take it or leave it. If homeschooling offends anyone, they can just not read my blog! Ok, I feel better now. Do I need to apologize? I was a bit harsh there. Sorry. Here is the post I made on my other blog. No need to read it again if you read the other one.

A Good Day

No matter what your philosophy or method, there will be good days and bad days. Today was a good day. The Lord was gracious enough to wake me up refreshed early this morning so I could have some good God time and go running. This is the second time He has done this in the past week or so and it helps me to see his intention toward me in a great way. After breakfast and everyone doing the morning dishes, I told the kids to have fun. I went into my room and started writing some letters to a few friends I wanted to send my blessing and love to. Cameron worked on her "Recycled Village" adding fish made out of buttons and string, ponds for them to go into, and people. Chloe decided to write some letters too. She made a card for my sister with a picture in it, then dictated to me what to write. Xander made cards too by cutting and pasting paper to his hearts content. Then, Cameron worked on the story she's been writing. She is typing this story, so she only does a few sentences at a time, as it takes her awhile. Sometimes she will do a whole page. After cleaning up our messes, we ate lunch and prepared for Sacred Hour (our one hour quiet time). I read aloud "The Little Drummer Boy" to Xander and then read aloud "Please Bury me in the Library" by Patrick Lewis. I loved this book and I put it on my list of books I want to buy. It is a whole poem book about reading. It has great illustrations too. Here is one of the poems:

Great, Good, Bad

A great book is a homing device
For navigating paradise.

A good book somehow makes you care 
About the comfort of a chair.

A bad book owes to many trees
A forest of apologies. 

Cameron read to herself during sacred hour and Chloe looked at books while Xander slept. After Sacred Hour, the kids played. Before dinner time, they got out the tangrams and made all sorts of shapes. Even my husband got involved. When I started taking pictures of the kids playing, they wanted to take pictures so I let them. Before bed I read aloud a chapter from "Little House on the Prairie".  All this stuff was done without me prompting them to do any of it. My only instructions were to have fun. So, here's to life learning and all the adventures there are to behold.  


No comments: