Thursday, April 23, 2009

Call to Arms Update

On March 13th I posted a Call to Arms about blessing others by hiring them in this time of recession. The Lord personally challenged me to employ as many people as I could. He did this in almost a teasing manner, as if to say, "Bet you can't hire faster than I can bless!" He showed me how I can be on the offensive in this time instead of the defensive. When all I do is focus on the negative, then I become defensive, trying to save up my money in an attempt at feeling secure. When I focus on the Lord's attack on the enemy (the offense), then I just want to use whatever resources I have to fight, by hiring those that the enemy is trying to discourage and destroy. Well, I have been hiring and the Lord has been blessing!!! Just a month ago when I wrote the Call to Arms I supported SOW, had a hair dresser, and was about to hire a mow and blow gardener. Now, I have employed:
  1. A Landscaper, who had been laid off, that is ripping out wild bushes everywhere and planting flowers in addition to weekly maintenance. 
  2. A housekeeper that comes every other week, even though she's pregnant.
  3. A Hairdresser, who's clients are coming much less often than they used to.
  4. My husband now goes to his hair dresser twice a month instead of once.
  5. A Manicurist, who's house is in default.
  6. A violin teacher, for both my daughters, that desperately needed to hear that she was worth the money she was asking.
  7. SOW Women in Africa
Coming Soon: Guitar teacher for my husband and I, and a piano or voice teacher for my mom!
How are we affording this? I'm not quite sure!!! We sold one of our cars, because we felt the Lord wanted us to. We paid off a credit card, that happened to go out of business and therefore credited a third of what we owed them in order to settle their debts (the balance was the exact amount we got back from taxes! If that's not God, what is?) And every time we turn around things are either costing us less or we are receiving more money. 

Why am I telling you this? It is not to brag or boast! It is to say that God is real, He does work, and he doesn't lie. So when He says, "Give and it shall be given to you. Pressed down, shaken together, and running over," He means it! So go out there and bless someone! Every time you do, you defeat the enemies plan of destroying them in that moment!

Tara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is great to see how you walk in faith and obedience. May the Lord help you to stay on this course.