Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Family

Yesterday was just another amazing day in the Lord! 

In the morning, a new friend came by because her tire had gotten a flat and it was still sitting in front of our house. She chatted and ate peanut butter and honey sandwiches with us, while we waited for AAA. (The good thing about living downtown, is that all of us are walking distance from each other. We were able to just walk her home the night before.) This wonderful woman is a limousine driver and offered to chauffeur us around the city and show us where certain stores and other places of interest are. We took her up on her offer and were given a luxury ride around town, great music and all. She dropped us off at "The Gallery" in downtown, where a woman from the church runs a children's art gallery. Here children learn about how much they are loved by God, and how to express themselves through worship art. It is a great place and I just love her heart for the kids. 

We had gone to the Gallery for a purpose. I am planning on attending a school called IWAR and, knowing this would require me to find a place for my children while I attended, had caused me a little angst. However, the night before, it had been made apparent to me that if God had a plan for me to attend this school, He also had a plan for my kids. That's when the gallery was mentioned. 

So, I walked into the gallery and started talking to the woman who owns it. She is amazing! I just love her spirit. She said she was starting a homeschool co-op that would be two days a week. She described it to me and it sounds perfect for my kids. They will be focusing on different parts of the world, learning about them, praying for them, listening to music and viewing art from the area, doing intercessory prayer, working in the prophetic, learning how to play instruments, building drums, you name it! How perfect to prepare my children in this way! Thank you Lord! This way, while I am learning worship arts, they are. What a great way to grow our family together.

While we were at the gallery, another woman from the church came in to pick her daughter up. She has an 11 week old baby, along with her two other daughters, and she was joking about all the laundry piling up and her having no time to do anything. I looked at her and said, "Well, if your house needs help, we're coming over to clean it." She broke down crying and said, "I'm just going to receive that from you. Thank you, Lord. "  

While we were talking to this woman, a man walked in that we were supposed to meet at some point, as he was a friend of the limousine driver. We told him who we were and asked him if he would be at the birthday party on Thursday. He said that he was coming over that very night, as that is when he had been invited. We just said, "Okay! Tonight it is!" Then we invited the Gallery owner to dinner, and she accepted. 

So, we went home, ate lunch, went and cleaned the new mom's house (where my girls made a fast friend in her oldest daughter), came home and cooked dinner, and had another amazing get together with more amazing people, including the limousine driver. All the people that have come over are already like a family. When we rented this house, we declared that it would be a revolving door, with people coming in and out of it all the time. We've only been here a few days, and it is already that way. Some of the people don't even knock, and we love it! They just know they're welcome. We set up a bulletin board by our front door with colorful 3x5 cards pinned all over it. All of our new friends have put their name and phone number on one of the cards. I just know that by the way things are going, it will be bursting with cards before long. 

Today, I went to the church to talk to the Leaders of both IWAR and Potter's House to see which was a better fit. The Lord really met me there and made it clear to me that IWAR was the one to attend. I am so excited about this new adventure in our lives, and this is just the beginning! 

I am truly living a life full of awe and wonder, overwhelmed by the goodness of God. I could not possibly imagine a better life. Thank you, Lord.

-Tara  

No comments: