Sunday, May 18, 2008

Husbands Birthday






We had a birthday party for my husband yesterday. We had a lot of fun. We had some old friends come that we haven't seen in years, so it was nice to get reacquainted with them and see their kids. We also had family from both sides there, which is always interesting. 
After eating and hanging out awhile, we played guys against girls Pictionary, losers clean up, to get everyone in the party mood. It was a lot of fun. Surprisingly, both my girls were great guessers! My oldest (8), even guessed pelican off of a drawing that looked...well, maybe like a starfish throwing up. When she said, "Pelican!" and the drawer, not naming names, said, "Yes! Pelican!" we lost it. 
After Pictionary, the girls cleaned up (having lost) while everyone took potty breaks, had some cake, and got drinks. We set up the stage and I changed for the interpretive dance my mother and I had planned. The title was, "The Sniffles, narrated by (My Mom)". We both sat on chairs next to each other and I curled up into a ball on mine. Slowly I let my leg start dropping down, then my mom sniffed in (using the microphone for emphasis) and I pulled my leg up. We continued with this, me pulling my leg up subtly with small sniffs and fast and dramatically with deep determined sniffs. Some people, like my sister and brother in law, got it right away, and were laughing. Some people were just waiting for something to happen, probably thinking we were off our rocker. Just before we ended with our big sneeze, my husband told the other half of the people that I was the snot, and then they laughed. My mom sneezed and I flew off the chair for the big finale. 
Then we played some improv. games and told embarrassing stories. By that time it was late and people started to leave. It was a fun night. Looking forward to some more Saturday night drama.     

No comments: