Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Living in the moment

I find myself feeling overwhelmed with life and all there is in it. The world of things to do and learn is massive and interesting. There are all the household chores which, in reality, could take up an entire lifetime in themselves. Then there are the responsibilities of being a mom. I want to nurture and love my children making sure not to ignore any of them and give them what each of them needs individually. I want to spend individual time with each of them and show them love in the individual way that they receive it. Then there is school. I want my children to love learning and just drink it up. I love to learn and want that for them. Of course they need to know Math, English, Science, Social studies, and Health in grades 1-6. Then there is being a wife, and I want to be the best wife there is for my husband. Then, there's all the things I want to learn and do like music, and photography, and writing, and painting, and reading, and dancing, and going to film festivals and art museums. Let's not forget that I must do this all responsibly too. All this can get completely overwhelming! So, I bring this to God and He says, -Live in the present moment. This will greatly simplify your life. Be thankful and grateful. Notice the little things. Spend time with people. Spend time with your children. Find joy in the little things and stop waiting for large events. Lots of little things add up to big things. Do the little things well and precise and with pleasure and you will live in joy. You will be able to see the beauty in everything and nurture your kids in small moments that would normally pass you by.
Thanks Lord. Another fire extinguished. Live in the moment and all my borrowed worries go away. Jesus says, "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow has enough worries of it's own." Amen to that. So, I'm off to do the things I have planned to do today, and I going to try not to think about what I'll do when my kids are in high school, or even what I'll do if my kids get offered a spot at the charter. Today I am a homeschooler, wife, musician, mother and a beautiful woman.   

No comments: