Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Quick Taste

So much is going on with our family that it would be a very long blog to catch everyone up, so I will just tell you one story for now.

 For the past two weeks, I have been tormented at night by the enemy. Every time I am about to fall asleep, I get woken up. Almost as if someone were poking me. I have been able to sense that this was a spiritual thing and have been trying to figure it all out while half asleep. One night I even saw the demon that had been pestering me. I woke up and saw him in the corner. I screamed on the top of my lungs, much to the startling of my wonderful husband, and then I couldn't see him any longer, leaving me in more torment. 

So, having seen him, it was confirmed. Some might be wondering why I didn't just stand up and rebuke him. Well, I think I knew there was something to be learned. I kept asking the Spirit what it was. Last night I got my answer, finally! I was laying there, awake, and I thought, "Okay. If the enemy is coming against me, it means I have an equal and opposite blessing waiting for me."

That's when the Spirit spoke to me. She said, "I am going to give you dreams of the Kingdom of God."

Of course! That's why the enemy doesn't want me to go to sleep! I have had a handful of "God" dreams in the past, and they have been real breaking points for me spiritually. When the Lord gives us dreams, he can push us past our boxes, into His kingdom. I love dreams! 

So, after realizing this, I just smiled big. And I could almost feel the enemy lose heart, like the previously stated quote. I sat up and calmly said (much to my poor sleeping husbands surprise), "I understand now why you are here. Thank you, for now the Lord is going to give me dreams about His kingdom. I now rebuke you in the name of Jesus. Please leave."  

After that, I fell into a deep sleep and slept well until I needed to wake up. When I did wake up, I was fully rested, even though I did not get to bed until around 4AM. Before I had gone to sleep, I asked the Lord to make me rested, and so He came through. 

So, when I have a dream or dreams, I will be sure to post them, as I am believing the Lord for them. 

Until next post,
Tara

No comments: