Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Trusting God Alone

That we ought, once for all, heartily to put our whole trust in GOD,

and make a total surrender of ourselves to Him, secure that He would

not deceive us.  

 -An excerpt from The Practice of the Presence of God the Best Rule of a Holy Life, Brother Lawrence 

 This is where I am, and it is the hardest challenge I have yet to face. I am not a peacemaker, I am an ice breaker, and in that, I will never please man. I cannot please both man and God, and while that seems like a no brainer, it is the hardest thing yet. To have a world angry at you for the sake of God, is no more comforting than knowing you will be executed in the morning. However, there is freedom in it. There is freedom on the other side of this that I can taste. So, I press on and know the Lord is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, this is challenging. but it is a good challenge.