Friday, April 25, 2008

Hormones

Hormones are one of those blessing/curse things. I am not authorized to speak on behalf of men, never having been one, but for woman it is a cycle of REAL emotions being drawn out by our hormones. Let me explain. Just because something bothers me when I am going through PMS, doesn't mean that it de-validates the emotion I am going through. I am really upset. Even if I recognize that I am hormonal, it does not in any way change how I feel. On the same note, just because I think my husband is the sexiest man alive when I am ovulating, doesn't mean that he isn't really that attractive to me when I am not ovulating. It is just more intensified. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that hormones are like money. Having more of them, or it, at any given time, just magnifies who you really are and what you really feel. So, if you catch me screaming at my kids or husband or cuddling my kids and making out with my husband, know that these emotions are always there, just when I get a little extra kick of hormones, they are, lets call it, more colorful. So please, if you should happen to suspect that a woman you know is having a hormonal issue, DO NOT EVER POINT IT OUT!
Disclaimer: This post was not brought on by my husband commenting on my attitude. It was more of an internal conviction. 

No comments: