Monday, April 28, 2008

Stuff

Why is it that we, as humans, can acquire so much stuff? I feel like I am surrounded by stuff that clutters up my life, yet when I go to purge (even though I do get rid of a lot) I find that most of it feels like a requirement! Yuck!!! I want it all gone. My dad recently had to condense his life possessions down to two suitcases and a carry-on, since he is moving to Africa, and I don't know how he did it. Now, he wasn't bringing any furniture, but even if I got rid of all my furniture, and even if I purged all my kitchen stuff, I would still be surrounded by stuff! So, I am going to challenge myself to take a long hard look at what is in my life and what is really a requirement and then get rid of the rest! Wouldn't that be refreshing? I purged a lot before our move, but it seems like we have more stuff now than ever. So, wish me luck...or better yet, pray for me.   

2 comments:

julie said...

Hey! Are you talkin' about all MY stuff?

tschiller said...

I've got one box full and ready to leave my house! Yipee! No mom, it's not all your stuff! It is a combination of all our things.