Saturday, April 19, 2008

Traveling

This road we find ourselves on is a tricky one. Full of twists and turns and bumps and holes. The Lord is teaching me how to stop and smell the roses alongside the road. The more I stop to find the beauty and blessings around me at the moment that they are occurring, the more I love the road. I have a bad habit of looking to the future to find my joy. Planning, hoping and preparing for "something great", but all the while being discontent with the road I am on. Lately, (the last few months) I've been able to see the things around me and be grateful. It has made all the difference. I feel richly blessed. I am living the ultimate life. I am more able to do things I have wanted to do, because I am living in the moment and day. I pray that I can only get better at this. That the Lord will keep working this through me. I am convinced gratefulness is the key to unlocking happiness.   

No comments: