Saturday, April 26, 2008

New Perspective

Well, as I travel down the road of life, sometimes I end up in a well known destination with a new mindset about being there. 
As I prayed this week about the school decision, I felt like the Lord told me that He wanted me to homeschool. He pointed out one of my children and told me they have a special need that I need to nourish and protect for the time being. 
I hate to admit this, but part of the struggle that went on in my mind, is that I have already publicly announced the fact that I will not be homeschooling anymore and now have to take that back. Many times logic, or my logic, can justify something or make it seem like a good and right answer to a problem, but the Lord's logic is not my logic and I have to trust Him.
I have had to ask the Lord's forgiveness many times about trying to push him aside so I can just run the world already without his interference. He must chuckle about that, or worse, know that I have a lack of respect and trust for him. He is not surprised by this, He knows my heart. I think I am the only one surprised...I am only beginning to know my heart.
So for now on this journey, I am still homeschooling, but with less fear of those that are different than I am and less need to be exclusive with my relationships. I am hoping to love people for the people they are, not the culture and status they are, and I am hoping to teach my kids to do the same. 

1 comment:

Paul said...

HI Sweetheart,
I am glad you are continuing with home schooling. What ever your struggles were the Lord is able and good to see you through. You children will not be neglected by your efforts. Blug on and God will lead the way.
Love you,
Dad